If you have a garden or outdoor space, you may be considering the option of paving it. This can be a great way to increase its usability and make it more attractive. There are many different options available when it comes to patio paving and the materials that would be used. So how do you choose? We’re going to take a look at some of the most popular types of paving in Ireland and how they can be used on patios.
What Are the Popular Patio Paving Materials in Ireland
In Ireland, there are many different materials that you can use for patios. The most common are concrete, brick, stone and marble. Granite is also popular with homeowners looking for a long-lasting driveway or pathway in their garden. Slate is another popular choice as it comes in many different colours and patterns and looks great underfoot when used as paving stones. Terracotta and pavers round out the list of popular patio paving materials in Ireland.
Bricks are a traditional material used throughout Ireland in everything from walls to driveways to patios. Cobblestones were also used extensively during this time period but have now become rarer due to modern construction methods. Today, builders prefer using cement or asphalt instead of stone blocks.
Patio Paving Ideas
Patio paving ideas are a great way to add appeal, ambience and value to your home. Here are some of the most popular ways people in Ireland use patio paving:
- Patio Paving for Garden Patios – These types of patios are typically situated at the back of a house where they can be accessed by all rooms in the house. They’re usually brick or stone, but it’s also possible to use different materials such as tiles or flagstones.
- Outdoor Patio Paving – This option is perfect if you want something that looks good but won’t take up too much space in your outdoor area. It could be used around a swimming pool or spa area as well as other features like outdoor fireplaces and barbecues.
- Indoor Patio Paving – A lot of homeowners love using this type because it helps them extend their indoor living space into their garden without needing massive construction work done first! This type comes in many styles such as bricks or cobblestones depending on what fits best with your home design theme.
Tips from Experts
According to experts, there are things to keep in mind when choosing materials for you patio paving:
- Choose a patio material that is durable and easy to maintain.
- Choose a patio material that complements your home.
- Choose a patio material that is easy to install.
- Choose a patio material that is easy to repair.
- Choose a patio material that is easy to clean
Other Things to Consider When Choosing Your Paving
Is it a small area at the side of your house, or a large area that encompasses the entire back yard? A smaller patio will obviously cost less than a larger one, but if you have more space available to work with, there are more options available to you.
Is it square, rectangular, or perhaps circular? This choice will affect which type and brand of paving slabs are best suited for your needs. For example, if you want to create an outdoor living room space where people can relax in comfort on large cushions then you would need larger-sized slabs that would be able to support these added weights without sinking into them too much. However, if children may be playing on it regularly then we recommend using smaller sized stone products instead because they’re safer!
Patio paving is a popular choice for people looking to transform their garden into an outdoor living space. The cost of patio paving depends on various factors, including:
Material costs – granite, limestone and other natural stones are some of the most popular materials for patios. Keep in mind that natural stones, bricks, and stamped concrete are more expensive than gravel and plain concrete.
Labour charges – these vary depending on how much work needs to be done. It’s pricier to have an elaborate patterned design compared to something that looks neat but simple.
If you’re ready to look into your patio paving options, our team of experts can answer your queries and concerns. Call us at (01) 4851582 | 0852139591 or click here to contact us today!